Antibody testing will show you if you have had exposure to the Coronavirus. You may have antibodies even if you had zero symptoms after being exposed.
Schedule your appointment and learn if you have been exposed today!
Request an Appointment Today
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this test for active infection or only Antibody? There are two different tests relating to Covid-19. The PCR tests the status of active virus in your body. The Antibody tests (IgG, IgM) test the status of your body’s reaction to the virus. It is possible to be positive for active virus, but negative for antibodies; or negative for active virus, and positive for antibodies. After a virtual visit with one of our providers, we will help you get the test or tests you need.
- Does the test detect both IgG and IgM? Starting May 4th, the antibody test will detect IgG, IgM, and IgA antibodies. For more information on the different antibodies, see the graph below.
- I understand that a telehealth visit must be completed first. Is there criteria that the provider is looking for in order to perform the test? The current testing criteria we have received is still mostly revolving around PCR testing. The guidance we were given was to screen for PCR testing based on CDC guidelines. If the patient doesn’t meet criteria for High Priority or Priority PCR testing but there is still a concern of possible infection (current or past) or exposure then they are eligible for antibody testing IF they have been asymptomatic for more than 3 days after exposure or if they did experience symptoms it has been more than 7 days since onset.
- What is the cost? Is there criteria that must be met for insurance to cover at 100%? The cash price for antibody testing is $100. It was reiterated May 1st that any COVID-19 related treatment or testing fees will be at no cost to the patient if they have insurance.
- When and how will the patient receive the results? The turn around time is 24-48 hours and results will be faxed to our office directly and sent to the provider for review. We will notify the patient based on the provider’s instructions and will post a copy to the patient’s secure portal in Athena.